GSN’s future at LANL
- Installation is underway replacing the I/O network for the 3T Blue Mountain with GSN, giving users a 5 to 10 fold increase in data transfer rates are in the works.
- Included in this plan is a consolidation of 3T disks to give the users a bigger scratch space.
- Still pushing to replace 3T interconnect with GSN (much better latencies!)
- Users want it!
Still need to do:
- Further testing of vendor NICs and switches
- Driver tweaks for higher performance
- Latest versions of LibST (any time now)