RD12: DAQ system, dual-port
Within the framework of RD12 (P15) Readout
System Test Benches are studied. As part of this, dual port
memories (DPM) and data link interfaces are designed and evaluated.
A VME-based Fast Dual Port Memory (FDPM) has been designed and produced. Other people are looking
at alternative solutions such as embedded processors or future workstations configured as DPM.
- Sergio Cittolin (Cittolin@cern.ch): DPM project.
- Adolfo Fucci (Fucci@cern.ch): implementation of the VME-based Fast Dual Port Memory (FDPM).
- Konstanty Sumorok (Sumorok@cern.ch): simulation models of the DPM.
- Lucien Pollet (Pollet@cern.ch) or Attila Racz (Racz@cern.ch): Fibre Channel output for FDPM.
- Jim Branson, University of California (Branson@ucsd.edu): use of embedded microprocessors (e.g.
TI C80) as DPM.
- Werner Jank (Werner.Jank@cern.ch): use of future workstations as DPM.
Erik.van_der_Bij@cern.ch - 11 August 1994