High Performance Parallel Interface for HP Apollo 9000 Series 700
Number J2096A HP HIPPI Link Series 700
- This product allows the connection of HP Series 700 workstations to
HIPPI-based networks, which typically include Supercomputers (such as Convex or
Cray machines) and high speed/capacity peripherals.
- HIPPI 800 Mb/s support.
- Parallel HIPPI.
- Single board design integrating Source and Destination ports.
- Protocols supported:
- - Internet protocol suite
- - custom (Low Level API)
- HP-UX release 9.03 driver.
- Support of IP routing between HIPPI and available LAN/WAN interfaces (such
as Ethernet, FDD, Token-Ring, Fibre-Channel, ATM, X25, ISDN).
Throughput IN: TCP/IP stack - 25 MBytes/s, Low Level API - 28 MBytes/s.
Throughput OUT: TCP/IP stack - 39 MBytes/s, Low Level API - 54 MBytes/s.
Latency (one way): TCP/IP stack - 150 µs, Low Level API - 80 µs.
- Total RFX 1374 compliance:
full LAN emulation capability through the
implantation of an ARP agent.
- Graphics bus (SGC) interface:
this high performance bus gives
- Full Series 700 integration.
Size: 28.4 x 21 cm.
Operating temperature rnge: 0 to 55 degrees Celsius.
Operating humidity range: 5% to 95% RH.
Electromagnetic and safety: meets international Class A requirements.
Information from the H.P. specification sheet printed 11/93 Hewlett Packard
Arie van Praag CERN (email@example.com) 24 October, 1994