The S-LINK Interface Specification
The S-LINK type is composed of a series of numbers and letters delimited by a dash (-). The required information is as follows;
1. Card Type: This is FEMB, LSC, LDC or ROMB.
2. Type of S-LINK: Simplex (S) or Duplex (D).
3. Maximum Clock Frequency in MHz: 40.
4. Error Detection Method: Block (B), Word-by-Word (W) or Don't Care (X).
5. Supply Voltage in Volts: 5.0 or 3.3.
6. Data Rate in Mbytes/sec (any integer).
As an example, an S-LINK Source Card for a Duplex S-LINK which can run at up to 40 MHz, using Block Basis error detection, a 5.0 V power supply and having a data transfer rate of 180 MBytes/sec would bear the S-LINK type;