SLIDAS an S-LINK Infinite Data Source
SLIDAS Version 1.0
- UXOFF# corrupts control words. Under certain conditions, the
use of UXOFF# will corrupt control words. The symptoms can be:
- End-of-block control word is 0x11111110 instead of 0xFFFFFFF0.
- Control words are 0x00000000 or any other value that are neither 0x11111110
for a Start-of-Block control word nor 0xFFFFFFF0 for an End-of-Block control
- Data/block error emulation doesn't work with UXOFF#. When UXOFF#
is active (low), injecting errors with the Error push button will fail
to generate errors correctly (LDERR# and LD[1:0] in control words).
- LDOWN doesn't inhibit data generation. When placing LDOWN (SW9)
to ENABLE, the SLIDAS should stop generating data and simulate a link down
- Changing position of rotary switches should always reset the SLIDAS.
As it is now, this does not happen if UXOFF# is active.
- UTDO# is not latched at power up. It is only latched with URESET#.
- URESET# does not stop the data generation. It just stops current
data and starts with a new block.
- High Speed Interconnect
Philippe Brodier-Yourstone -
6 March 1997 - Copyright